Smart Start Third Level Education Loans
According to the ILCU*,
- 8% of parents in Ireland who fund their child’s third level education will cut spending on clothing and goods for other children in the family to cope with costs.
- More than a third are skipping lectures to work.
- More than three quarters (78%) are struggling to meet these costs.
Tipperary Credit Union believe everyone should have a smart start at Third Level Education, especially when it comes to financing it.
Third Level Education comes with many fees and costs, often meaning students need accommodation away from home too.
At just 6.6% APR, the Tipperary Credit Union Smart Start Loan is one the most competitive on the market.
Key Benefits of a Smart Start Education Loan
- Join and apply for a loan on the same day
- Competitive loan rate
- Easy application process
- Flexible repayments designed to suit your needs
- Free Loan Insurance (Terms & Conditions Apply)
- No penalty interest for early settlement of loans
- Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Option to pay by Direct Debit
How to apply?
- Call to any one of our branch offices Contact Us
- Apply online Click Here
- Freephone 1800 62 22 62
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Normal lending terms and conditions apply. Tipperary Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
What are the terms and conditions for a Smart Start Education Loan?
- Tipperary Credit Union require that a parent/guardian sign as guarantor for all Smart Start Loans
- Proof of Third Level attendance required
- Normal lending terms and conditions apply. Must supply proof of income, proof of ID,
proof of address (must be dated within the last 3 months) and proof of PPS number at loan application stage.*ILCU, 2019, ‘Half of parents cut spending on family’s clothing and goods to cope with third level costs’, 23/07/2019. https://www.creditunion.ie/news/latest-news/half-of-parents-cut-spending-on-family%E2%80%99s-clothing/
John Gaynor Memorial Student Scholarship Scheme
Tipperary Credit Union operates a Student Scholarship Scheme for members entering the first year of a recognised Third Level or Post Leaving Cert course.
The John Gaynor memorial scholarship is an open draw, and is not based on academic achievement. The draw is strictly supervised and controlled.
One lucky student each year qualifies for this scholarship worth up to €6,000. Anyone entering the draw will also be in with the chance of winning an iPad. Closing date the 1st of October.
For more information on the scholarship or to download the application form click on the link John Gaynor Memorial Student Scholarship Scheme
For information on our Back to School Loans for Primary and Secondary School click on the link: Start Smart Back To School Loans