Beanie Savings Club
Tipperary Credit Union’s Youth Savings Club is lead by Our Mascot Beanie and is designed for our younger members. The savings club helps to introduce the credit union to children at an early age and also teaches and encourages them to save.
On joining Tipperary Credit Union our Beanie saver receives their own Beanie Membership Book and a Beanie Piggy Bank. Beanie Club members will receive on their Birthday their very own Beanie Birthday Card.
New Babies Account:
Tipperary Credit Union Beanie Savings Accounts opened for new babies will receive a €10 starting off gift from Tipperary Credit Union. (Note: This €10 cannot be withdrawn until the member turns 16)
How to open a Juvenile Account
JUVENILE MEMBERS – NEWBORN TO UNDER 16 YEARS
If an adult (aunt/uncle, grandparent, parent/legal guardian) wishes to open an account for a juvenile, the adult themselves must provide the following at the time of opening the account for the juvenile:
1. Photographic Identification
- Current valid passport or Current valid driving licence
- Please note we can no longer accept the Personal Services Card as proof of Photographic Identification
2. Proof of Address – Dated with the last 6 months
- Original Recent Utility Bill
- Original Recent Bank/Credit Card Statement
- Original Correspondence from Government Department/Body
WE MUST ALSO RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FOR THE CHILD:
1. Birth Certificate (Mandatory)
2. Passport of the Child (If available)
3. Proof of PPS Number: Proof of the child’s Personal Public Service Number on official documentation (Mandatory).
Please note we can no longer accept the Personal Services Card as proof of PPS Number
4. Proof of Address: Proof of address for the child must be that of the parent(s)/guardian(s) and dated within the last 6 months of membership application – utility bill, government letter or bank statement.
5. If the juvenile is 7 and over they must be present at the time of opening the account (Mandatory).
All monies deposited in the minor’s account are the minor’s sole property. All withdrawals made from a minor’s account must be for the minor’s sole benefit and may only be carried out by the legal guardian of the juvenile (up to the age of 7). From the age of 7 onwards the juvenile along with the parent should be present for all withdrawals.
Membership fee of €1 applies. A minimum share balance of €5 is required to open an account and to retain membership.
Did you know that you can now have Child Benefit paid directly into a Tipperary Credit Union account. Ask a member of staff for more information.