Transition Year Bursary Awards
Tipperary Credit Union has a very proactive Youth Committee that runs various youth initiatives throughout the year. One such initiative is the Transition Year Bursary Awards, which is now in its fifth year. We at Tipperary Credit Union are aware of the benefits of a student completing the Transition Year programme. Designed to help students develop not just on an educational level but also on a personal, social, and vocational level it has a very positive effect on the student. The cost of putting a child through Transition Year can range from €500 to €1,000 depending on the school. As a result of this very costly expense the Transition Year Bursary was created.
- Tipperary Credit Union offers five €500 bursaries, one to each of the five secondary schools in our common bond.
- The Transition Year Bursary is an open draw and requires students to fill out and complete an application form and return it to our Head Office (Emmet Street, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary).
The following are a list of the participating schools:
Castletroy College (Castletroy, Limerick), Scoil na Trionoide Naofa (Doon, Limerick), St Anne’s Secondary School (Tipperary Town), St Ailbe’s Secondary School (Tipperary Town) and The Abbey CBS (Tipperary Town).
Information & Rules
- Bursary application forms will be sent to all participating schools.
- If you attend any of the five schools but have not received an application, forms can be collected in our Head Office in Emmet St, Tipperary Town or downloaded from the link below.
- Students must be participating in next year’s Transition Year programme starting in September 2019 to be eligible to enter.
- Students must return completed applications to Tipperary Credit Union, Emmet Street, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary.
- Closing date for entries is the 22nd of March 2019.
- Winning applicants are selected based on their application form and response to the question: What would it mean to you to win the Bursary?
- The winning student if not already a member of Tipperary Credit Union will need to open an account with Tipperary Credit Union prior to receiving the bursary.
Download the TY Bursary Application Form Here Transition Year Bursary 2019