Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of Tipperary Credit Union
will take place in Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort, Tipperary,on Tuesday the 11th December 2018 at 8 p.m.
(All members are asked to bring their membership number)
Free member draws will take place for members present at the AGM.
TIPPERARY CREDIT UNION LIMITED
Merry Christmas to all our members.
WIN AN iPad Mini
At Tipperary Credit Union we understand the importance of teaching our younger members the life skill of saving. As part of our Youth Programme we have set up several competitions designed to highlight to our younger members the advantages of saving a little bit on a regular basis.
For our Christmas competition we have an iPad Mini up for grabs. Every time our young member saves they will receive an entry form into our draw for the iPad Mini. It is important that our younger members learn that getting into the habit of saving on a regular basis is very beneficial.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the member must be under the age of 16.
- Every time an eligible member makes a lodgement to their Tipperary Credit Union account they will receive an entry form. (Please ask a member of staff for an entry form if you did not receive one when a lodgement was carried out).
- If our young member saves by Direct Debit the entry form can be downloaded from our website. Please note it must be returned to our Head Office: Emmet Street, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary. Click on the link to download an entry form if you save by Direct Debit Christmas Ipad Mini Online Entry Form 2018
- The entry form must be completed and returned to your local branch office.
- The draw will take place live on Tipp Mid West Radio on our Christmas Members Day on Thursday the 20th of December.
- The competition runs from the 15th of November until the 18th of December.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Young Saver must be a member of Tipperary Credit Union.
- The Young Saver must be under the age of 16.
- By entering the draw consent is given for the Young Saver’s name to be announced live on air.
- By entering the draw consent is given for a photo to be taken of the Young Saver which will be used for marketing purposes on Social Media, Websites, Print Media and Tipperary Credit Union marketing material.
On Thursday the 18th of October we celebrated International Credit Union Day. Credit Unions across the world came together to celebrate the Credit Union movement and what it is has achieved. This year celebrated the 70th anniversary worldwide and the 60th anniversary here in Ireland.
Credit Union Difference Celebrated on Historic International Credit Union Day
Tipperary Credit Union joins more than 68,800 credit unions around the world to celebrate the 70th annual International Credit Union Day(ICU Day) on October 18th next. In addition to being an important anniversary for the global movement, credit unions here are also celebrating 60 successful years of service in Ireland. To mark this significant milestones in Irish credit union history, this year’s ICU Day celebrations will focus on the unique financial services offered by credit unions.
The celebrations will revolve around the theme of the credit union difference”, putting people at the heart of everything we do, which has endured for the past six decades in Ireland. All credit unions remain not-for-profit institutions that operate independently. All credit union decisions on services, products and the future direction of the organisation are made at local level, and in the best interest of the local membership. Credit unions remain a trusted and reliable provider of affordable credit in the communities they serve. In short credit union members always come first, above all else.
To mark the occasion, Tipperary Credit Union is holding:
A Free Fun Quiz Night
• Where: Leahys Bar, Davis Street, Tipperary Town
• When: 9pm sharp on Thursday the 18th of October.
• Teams of four
• Loads of spots prizes on the night
• €500 is up for grabs for local clubs and charities
• All are welcome to attend
Mass will also be celebrated for past and present members of Tipperary Credit Union on Sunday October 14th at 12.30p.m. in St Michael’s Church, Tipperary Town. All members are invited to attend.
July Car Draw Winner 2018
Congratulations to Diana and Con Ryan Jnr, Tipperary Town. Diana and Con were our July winners of our Members Car Draw and won a brand new Renault Clio!
If you haven’t signed up for the member’s car draw yet, simply call to any of our branch offices and fill out the Members Car Draw form. At only €24 per annum for six draws, our member’s car draw is exceptional value for money. Tipperary Credit Union’s car draw is exclusive to members only which gives you an even greater chance of winning one of the superb cars on offer.T&C’s Apply
We are seeking a photographer to capture the essence of Tipperary Credit Union for the 2019 Alliance of Credit Unions of Tipperary 2019 Calendar. The Alliance is a a group of Credit Unions from Tipperary who produce a calendar every year. Each Credit Union has their own page in the Calendar and this year we are asking members of the public to send in a photo for our page.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
This year’s theme is ‘My Locality’ and we are looking for landscape size photos that will show off the Common Bond of Tipperary Credit Union in all its glory. The photos must be landscape in size and can include the followiing: shop fronts, monuments, landscapes, local events or flora and fauna etc. Tipperary Credit Union’s common bond includes the following locations: Tipperary Town, Bansha, Cappawhite, Doon, Dundrum, Emly, Hollyford, Oola and Plassey (Limerick). Photos can be colour or black and white but they must be of high quality, i.e. 300dpi and landscape in size. Photos must be submitted electronically to the email email@example.com. Closing date for entries is 31st July 2018. Two winning photos will be selected with each receiving a €100. One photo will be guaranteed a place in the calendar with the second photo subject to space.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is open to the general public 16 years or over.
2. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted by via email to firstname.lastname@example.org must be labelled with the entrant’s name and location of the photograph and image files must be 300 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date (5.00p.m. on the 31st of July).
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Tipperary Credit Union Limited to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites/social media and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
9. There are two prizes of €100. The prize is subject to availability. There is no guarantee that both photos will be used for the Credit Unions of Tipperary Calendar.
10. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
11. The winners’ names and counties may be disclosed on the calendar or to anyone who writes in to Tipperary Credit Union seeking the names of the winners.
13. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Tipperary Credit Union and accordingly Tipperary Credit Union may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Tipperary Credit Union as a result thereof.