Back to School Education Loans
Start Smart Primary and Secondary Back to School Loans
Back to School time can be a strain on parents financially. Covering all the school costs can be very difficult, especially if there is more than one child to consider.
- Parents of primary school children are spending an average of €949* per child.
- It is estimated it’s costing €1,399* per child for back to school supplies, for Secondary School Level.
Here at Tipperary Credit Union, we have put together a Start Smart Education Loan Package, for our members to help with the cost of back to school.
We believe that our members should have one less thing to worry about. Tipperary Credit Union Start Smart Education Loans have an APR of 6.6%,
making them one of the most competitive interest rates available.
Key Benefits of a Start Smart Education Loan
- Join and apply for a loan on the same day
- Competitive loan rate
- Easy application process
- Flexible repayments designed to suit your needs
- Free Loan Insurance (Terms & Conditions Apply
- No penalty interest for early settlement of loans
- Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Option to pay by Direct Debit
What are the terms and conditions for a Start Smart Education Loan?
- The maximum loan amount permitted is €750 per school going child.
- Confirmation will be required that the child is/will be attending either primary or secondary school.
The following are acceptable forms of documentation: birth certificate, letter from school, book list.
- The loan product may only be applied for between June and September.
- Loan must be paid back by the 31st of July of the following year.
- Normal lending terms and conditions apply. The parent/guardian must supply proof of income, proof of ID,
proof of address (must be dated within the last 3 months) and proof of PPS number at loan application stage.
How to apply?
- Call to any one of our branch offices Contact Us
- Apply online Click Here
- Freephone 1800 62 22 62
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply. If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears.
This may affect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future. Tipperary Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
*ILCU, 2019, ‘How to Apply for a Back to School Credit Union Loan’, 23/07/2019. https://www.creditunion.ie/news/blog/how-to-apply-for-a-back-to-school-credit-union-loa/
For information on our Third Level Education Loans click on the link: Smart Start Third Level Loans
Transition Year Bursary Awards
Transition Year Bursary Awards
Tipperary Credit Union has a very proactive Youth Committee that runs various youth initiatives throughout the year. One such initiative is the Transition Year Bursary Awards.We at Tipperary Credit Union are aware of the benefits of a student completing the Transition Year programme. Designed to help students develop not just on an educational level but also on a personal, social, and vocational level it has a very positive effect on the student.
- Tipperary Credit Union offers five €500 bursaries, one to each of the five secondary schools in our common bond.
- The Transition Year Bursary is an open draw and requires students to fill out and complete an application form and return it to our Head Office (Emmet Street, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary).
The following are a list of the participating schools:
Castletroy College (Castletroy, Limerick), Scoil na Trionoide Naofa (Doon, Limerick), St Anne’s Secondary School (Tipperary Town), St Ailbe’s Secondary School (Tipperary Town) and The Abbey CBS (Tipperary Town).
Information & Rules
- Bursary application forms will be sent by email to all participating schools.
- If you attend any of the five schools and are unable to fill the application online, forms can be collected in our Head Office in Emmet St, Tipperary Town.
- Students must be participating in next year’s Transition Year programme starting in September 2023 to be eligible to enter.
- Students must return completed applications to Tipperary Credit Union, Emmet Street, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary.
- Closing date for entries is the (to be decided between each school)
- Winning applicants are selected based on their application form and response to the question: What would it mean to you to win the Bursary?
- The winning student if not already a member of Tipperary Credit Union will need to open an account with Tipperary Credit Union prior to receiving the bursary.
Download the TY Bursary Application Form Here Transition Year Bursary
General Data Protection Regulation – Know your rights
One of the biggest changes to Irish Data Privacy Law comes into effect on 25th May 2018. On that date, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be introduced, to strengthen data GDPR increases and reinforces the rights of individuals in relation to the information we hold about them.
Being transparent and providing accessible information to members about how we process their personal information is a key element of GDPR.protection and to make it easier for you to access your personal information and control how it is used.
Please click on the link below for more information on the steps Tipperary Credit Union have taken to protect our members and their data along with information on our Privacy Policies and GDPR